I strongly recommend bringing in your newborn within 12 days and younger (6-10 ideal)! *preemies an exception. This way we can get those precious little newborn shots that are so desired. Your investment includes:
- Newborn session prep information - sent via email so you know exactly what to bring and how to prepare for the best newborn session
- Access to all of my newborn props, blankets, backgrounds, tiebacks, bonnets, equipment etc. ~ No need to bring any clothes or props but if you have something special I encourage you to bring it (Ex. Favorite sports team helmet, jacket, uniform, etc.)
- A 2-3 hour shoot at my studio (inquire about different locations for lifestyle newborn shoots)
- An in-person Reveal & Ordering session will be available within two weeks of your shoot to view the images and select what you want to invest in
Some prep details to take note of in advance:
For newborn sessions I ask that you hold off on feeding the baby before the session and then "stuff 'em full" when you arrive at the studio or right before you head out. A well fed baby is the best and this way they are in a "food coma", so to speak, and will let us mold them into the cute squishy newborn poses we all love so much - you will love getting compliments from friends and family member about these shots!
If you have a pacifier please bring it (I recommend soothie brand) as we want the baby to be asleep during the session.
If you have other children, it is best to have someone watch them during the session as 2-3 hours is a long time for little ones to stay put. I do encourage parents to wear clothing that is simple but shows personality (textured is great) if they would like to be in a picture or two. I have multiple gowns for moms to wear if they would like something special.
Many parents may want to go on a shopping spree for clothes before their baby's session but I assure you this is not necessary! The 'bare baby' and wrapped pictures are usually the favorites anyway, and I have many props to accessorize the session. Also, the studio will be pretty warm to make sure the baby is comfortable so don't dress too warmly yourself or you may be sweating by the end.
I adore newborn sessions and consider them the most important commission I can receive. It is so wonderful to be a part of helping growing families capture one of the most exciting times in their lives! Hope to meet you soon!
Belly 2 Baby
- If you would like both the Maternity + Newborn sessions, I offer this package at a special bundled price.
- This is the best option to capture both of these exciting times in your life!