It's Your Birth Story
Capturing the birth of your child can be one of the most amazing things you can do to remember that special day! Being able to share your story with your friends and family or even keep it for yourselves for now (and maybe show the little one when he/she is older) is truly rewarding... many months preparing for this day - let's capture it!
- If you are interested in letting me capture your story, the first step is an in-person Meet & Greet/Design Consultation. This way we can get to know each other, and I can share details around the process. During the consultation we will discuss what images You personally want captured, whether that's all raw photos (amazing what the female body is capable of!) or more discreet images.
- I will be on call 24x7 beginning at 37 weeks
Backup photographer available (if needed) - of course I will do my best to be available at all times. I'm proud to say I haven't missed a birth yet!
- Serving Dallas, Texas and Surrounding areas
- Full Birth Coverage from Labor to 1-2 Hours Postpartum
Photographer will travel within Dallas, TX; Fort Worth locations and locations further than 20 miles of 75034 vary/may be additional.
- All packages include digital images (75-150 images included!); See investment page for different package options
- In person Reveal & Ordering session can occur within 2 weeks of your birth. If also scheduling a newborn session with me, this is the best time to knock out both items on one date. With this option, you will be able to view all your birth images for the first time while I'm capturing beautiful newborn images.
- Birth Albums & Videos are also available!
1. When should I call you to come?
Call me as soon as you realize you are having active labor contractions so that I can begin to prepare my day around your birth. My goal is to join you during active labor at around 6-7 centimeters dilated.
2. What if you miss the birth?
In the unlikely event that I miss the birth due to a super fast labor and birth, I will still come to capture the rest of your birth story and provide a discount as well. If you go into labor ahead of 37 weeks when I'm not yet on call, I will still try to be there or call another on-call photographer.
3. How long do you stay?
I will stay from when I arrive (goal of 6-7cm dilated) until about an hour or so after delivery. This could mean I'm with you for 3 hours or 30 hours - that all depends on baby! I will stay after delivery to capture all the first moments including weighing of baby, measuring, first check, breastfeeding, parent hugs/kisses, and even visitors if they are available and welcome in.
4. Are you going to take pictures of the baby crowning?
I am there to capture the moments that You want! If you would like to see graphic images so you can truly see everything you may be missing during delivery, I will include those. If you don't want images of baby crowning, I can take photos that are more discreet. It all depends on you and we will discuss it all during your pre-session consultation.
5. What about lighting (sometimes rooms are dark)?
I'll say it upfront - the more light in the room, the better! I will use whatever light sources available but I won't use flash because I find it to be too obtrusive and distracting. I want to be capturing your birth story without being a distraction to anyone. I may ask if I can open the blinds/shades at some point - or turn on a light, but that's about it.
6. What does it cost?
All investment information is on the Investment Page. Feel free to contact me for more details or with any questions.
How much are you looking forward to welcoming your baby into the world?!
This only happens ONCE so make sure you don't miss it! Mom's who view their Birth Story images are always so amazed by how much they missed during their birth (due to all the pushing, delivering the after birth, etc.). To be able to see everything after the fact is so special and wonderful. Mom's (and other family members) get to see the baby getting weighed and measured after a natural birth and so many other moments they may not have seen it if it wasn't photographed.
My job is to capture the raw and beautiful moments while staying out of the way as much as possible. I don't intend to be intrusive or use on camera flash during your birth. I want your birth experience to be as soothing as possible without having to worry about photos.
If you have any questions at all, please reach out!